Who is responsible for processing your personal data?
Personal data processing is a responsibility of the Iberoamerican Cochrane Collaboration Association (ACCIb), with tax ID number G-61808457 and address C/ Josep Esquirol núm. 4, 1º B, 08207 – Sabadell, Barcelona Spain.
You can contact us via email: email@example.com
What is personal data?
Data which identifies a person individually or is related to an identifiable individual.
How do we gather personal information?
Most of the data we obtained directly from the user through forms available in our website:
- Service request. We collect personal information of yourself when requesting any of our service.
- Online enquiry. We collect personal information when you contact us or sign up for newsletters.
Occasionally, we can process personal data provided by a third party that request or contract products and/or services through our website in your behalf and who are authorised to process or provide data. This usually is the case of employers who purchase our training courses or contract our services for their employees.
We also collect personal information from:
- Companies independent of ACCIb when we sign a licence contract or something similar to sell ACCIb goods and services.
- Companies we have partnered with to provide the user with goods and services according to their relationship with us, or that we believe may have an interest in them. Strategic commercial artners are independent of ACCIb.
Whic data does ACCIb process?
Depending on the relationship of the user with ACCIb, we may collect different types of personal information.
(* Mandatory data for registration)
Registration form for Cochrane Iberoamerica's newsletter (contact information form)
- Phone number
- Employer's data
Subscription to Nutrimedia newsletter
- Type of user (general public/ health professional)*
Subscription to Cochrane responde newsletter
Billing personal data (for training courses registration)
- Phone number
- ID (nationality, passport, visa or any other identification data issued by government authorities)
Why do we use your personal data?
The legal basis for using personal data is as follows:
- To manage services requested or hired by yourself.
- To comply with our legal obligations and prevent fraud.
- To address in a customized manner your information requests and any possible complaints and/or suggestions you may have.
- To achieve the purposes you grant us consent for and that are described hereafter.
We inform you that the purposes of this entity are limited to scientific research, development and dissemination. Hence, we believe that we have a legitimate interest to perform tests, research activities and analytical studies that enhance the quality of our service pursuant to art. 6.1.f GDPR, that allow for a more functional and customized service.
ACCIb is committed to observe personal data secrecy, to process them confidentially and to store them by adopting the necessary measures to prevent their modification, loss, unauthorised processing or access, taking into account the state of technology at all times.
The data marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory to process and carry out orders and manage requests sent to the web platform. The rest of the data requested, which are optional, are useful to us to know you better and hence to improve our services to you, ensuring privacy at all times. Unless revoked by you, this entity may email you information about the site and promotional offers forproducts offered in our platform.
ACCIb bears no responsibility for outdated data processing, thus you will be responsible for keeping the provided personal data up-to-date.
Which purpose does processing your personal data serve?
1. To attend to and manage the products and services that you have, request or contract with our entity:
- To properly manage our services, including sending non-commercial notifications, reminders, technical notices, updates and security alerts, among others.
- To economically manage the provision of our services through the storage and use of bank details.
- Check the status of beneficiary of any type of discount in relation to the agreements signed by ACCIb with third parties.
- Manage situations of risk, fraud, incidents or claims that may arise.
2. To communicate your data to collaborating companies that are directly involved in the provision of these services.
3. To register and manage the resolution of incidents online, including our customer services to process your request.
4. To offer ACCIb products and services that may be of interest to you, by sending you promotional commercial communications.
¿Whom will your data be shared with?
In order to provide you with the highest quality service we need to share your personal data with:
- Independent professionals who collaborate with ACCIb and help us provide the services offered.
- ACCIb's collaborating companies that, as external suppliers, help us:
- Provide the services offered.
- Securely store personal data and other service-related information.
- To develop commercial actions for products and services, both general and personalised.
Some of these entities are the Fundación Instituto para la Excelencia Clínica y Sanitaria and the company ISISLAN Servicios Informáticos.
- Other Cochrane entities.
- Third party entities, public and/or private, with which ACCIb has reached collaboration agreements in the interest and for the benefit of certain groups.
- Competent public bodies, judges and courts, when ACCIb is under a legal obligation to provide them.
How long will we keep your data for?
The personal data provided will be retained for as long as they are necessary for the purposes for which they were collected, and thereafter as long as you do not request us to delete them.
What are your rights when providing us with your personal data?
You may exercise your right of access to personal data, as well as to request the rectification of inaccurate data or, where appropriate, to request their deletion when the data are no longer necessary for the purposes for which they were collected.
You may also request the restriction, portability and objection to the processing of your data, in certain circumstances and for reasons related to your particular situation.
You also have the right to revoke your consent at any time without retroactively affecting the processing of personal data up to that time. The revocation of your consent to the sending of information does not in any way affect the fulfilment of the commitments made.
You may exercise these rights by sending:
- an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, or
- a letter by post addressed to ACCIb at its registered office at c/ Sant Antoni Maria Claret 167, Building 18, ground floor, 08025 Barcelona Spain.
In both cases, you must provide a copy of your ID card or official document that accredits you, as the only guarantee.
If you consider that we have not processed your personal data in accordance with the regulations, or that you have not obtained a satisfactory response, you may contact the Spanish Data Protection Agency (www.agpd.es - C/ Jorge Juan, 6 de Madrid), either to make a complaint or to obtain further information regarding any of these rights.
We want to assure you that giving or withdrawing your consent will not change the amount of information you receive from us and that you will always be able to easily change or deny our use of your data.