The CCIb receives financial support from the Hospital de Sant Pau and from several other sources, especially public grants. The CCIb actively participates in calls for grant proposals and contracts. In accordance with the Cochrane Collaboration's current policies, the CCIb does not accept commercial funding to finance the development of Cochrane systematic reviews or any activity with which there can be any conflict of interest.
Besides its participation in Cochrane and its core responsability at the Iberoamerican Cochrane Network, the Iberoamerican cochrane Centre is also part of other research networks such as:
- CIBER de Epidemiología y Salud Pública,
- Red Latinoamericana de Epidemiología Clínica (LatinCLEN),
- Red de Investigación en Dolencias de la Espalda (REIDE),
- Grading of Recommendations Assessment, Development and Evaluation Working Group (GRADE),
- Red Iberoamericana de Guías de Práctica Clínica,
The CCIb collaborates actively with many organisations and public institutions:
- la Agencia de Calidad del SNS del Ministerio de Sanidad,
- la Organización Panamericana de la Salud,
- la Agència d’Avaluació de Tecnologia i Recerca Mèdiques,
- la Agencia de Evaluación de Tecnologías sanitarias de Andalucía (AETSA),
and many other scientific, academic, and international institutions (e.g. McMaster University, University of Oxford, etc). Moreover, the CCIb has been recognised by the Generalitat de Catalunya as an accomplished and consolidated research group (SGR 2009).
It is also noteworthy that in several occasions in the past, different companies and private agencies have contracted some of our services (training, translations, reports, etc). These relationships have always been governed by mutual respect, independence and transparency.